One small act of kindness can make a big difference. Imagine what 20 acts of kindness can do!
Why give? With a donation to the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award, you’re not just giving to a scholarship. You’re contributing to the greater good by empowering truly extraordinary individuals to make an incredible difference in the lives of others, through the powerful acts of humanitarianism that our Terry Fox scholars currently do:
- Relocate refugees from surrounding areas
- Fight against social and racial injustice
- Improve the health of people throughout the world
- Speak on behalf of those who are marginalized
- Commit to global sustainability
- Advocate for children’s rights
- Travel overseas to help build schools
- Promote education and income-generating opportunities in underprivileged countries
- Provide medical care and disaster relief
- Help vulnerable youth
With so many critical needs in our community and around the world, altruism is needed to alleviate the challenges that vulnerable people face every day. For 33 years, the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award (TFHA) has helped hundreds of young Canadians pursue their dreams of making the world a better place.
December 1, 2015 is Giving Tuesday – a day of national giving. To kick-start the holiday giving season, donate to a program that does all of the above and more by:
- Making a one-time donation
- Signing up for monthly giving
- AND encouraging others to participate.