Terry Fox Humanitarian Awards are open to students of all abilities.
To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
- In good academic standing.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Students graduating from secondary (high) school or students completing their first year of CÉGEP or students who have completed secondary (high) school
- Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- Planning to or are already studying towards their first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution, or entering their 2nd year of CÉGEP in the upcoming academic year.
Terry Fox Award Recipients are eligible to receive the Award until they graduate with their first university degree or diploma (for a maximum of four years), provided they maintain satisfactory academic standing and a standard of humanitarian work and personal conduct which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, justifies the award.
The maximum value of the award is $28,000, dispersed over four (4) years. A stipend of $7,000 is issued directly to the institution each year in two installments of $3,500, one in September and one in January.